Friday, March 7, 2008

NATO Telemark Festival

Guess where I'm skiing tomorrow? Mad River Glen. For only the second time ever, and coincidently second time this season, I'll be at the single chair spinnin', greasy breakfast servin', snowboard resistin', Vermont legend made famous by the ultimate in grassroots marketing, the cool bumper sticker.

But I digress.


The NATO Telemark Festival enters its 33rd year, and I'll be there coaching for the first time. I managed to make it up to the Mad River Valley a few weeks ago for the first half of a NATO Adventure Tour with Dickie Hall, NATO founder and telemark legend. I bent his ear enough about the next generation of telemark skiers and he offered to let me coach the kids' groups this weekend.

So I'll be there trying to round up some more kids for the East Coast version of the Tele Tribe. Even registered the Tele Tribe URL this week in anticipation of launching this thing over the summer. Right now its pointed at the PC Telemark site, home of the original Tele Tribe.

Wish me luck!

More: Where Will You Ski Today?
Info: North American Telemark Organization (NATO)

No comments: